Welcome to episode 67. In today’s episode, I have a great chat with Doug Fletcher about the consumer buying journey.
Doug Fletcher has 25 years of client development experience in management consulting, and is the best-selling author of How To Win Client Business and How Clients Buy (with co-author Tom McMakin). Doug is a leading U.S. educator on the topic of client development in consulting & professional services. He splits his time between speaking, writing and teaching. In addition to his consulting, Doug also serves on the board of directors of The Beacon Group, a growth strategy consulting firm headquartered in Portland, Maine.
Doug and I discuss why the consumer’s buying decision journey is so vastly different for products than professional services and what we can do to be good at winning client business in the work we do as service providers.
Specifically, here’s what you will learn:
- What is the difference between selling a service compared to a physical product?
- Why we have to unlearn everything we think we know about selling products in order to be good at winning client business in the work that we do.
- What we can do to help ourselves increase the degree of confidence in our potential clients to buy from us.
- Why patience is sometimes the fastest way to get what you want.
- What we need to do as we share our services to build awareness and rapport
- What blocks people from following through and what are some of the things that people can do to help them follow through?
Ready to learn more? Tune in!
Connect with Doug
P.S: Let’s talk! Do you want a free coaching call with me?
If you’re a coach, consultant, or course creator that:
- Wants to build a business but doesn’t know how to sell yourself or your work.
- Is struggling to connect with ideal clients or close the sales you need to generate the revenue you want.
- Wants to stop feeling overwhelmed with busy work and can’t find the time to focus on the high value strategic work you need to be doing
- Struggles to put a price on the value you bring
Then you’re in the right place!
Let’s connect to find a way for you to earn more profit, reach more clients and make a bigger impact. Book a time with me today here: www.sellfromlove.com/discoverycall
If you have a specific question or topic, you’d like me to talk about on the podcast I want to hear from you. Email me at email@example.com to share it with me.
And if you enjoyed this episode, please pass it along to a friend or colleague that would also benefit from learning to Sell From Love.